Factoring allows your business to release cash against your outstanding customer invoices before they’ve been paid. The difference between factoring and invoice discounting is that we manage your credit control. Factoring is a good funding solution for new, growing and established businesses that are unable to obtain traditional bank financing as well as businesses that experience seasonal demand. With eCapital, you’ll have a dedicated accounts team that works with you and your customers.
Getting to know your business is a priority. We want to make sure we offer you the best options possible that match the growing needs of your business. We’ll want to talk to you within 24 hours of you contacting us and we’ll need to see a certain amount of paperwork before we make a decision. If we have the paperwork we need from you, we can make a decision in a couple of days of you getting in touch. That’s why our clients like working with us. We don’t hang around.
We have many clients across multiple sectors benefiting from our service. Factoring benefits clients who have customers on long payment terms, or who pay late. We spend the time liaising with your customers over their payments, so you don’t have to, freeing up your time to manage your business and focus on growth. We help improve your cash flow. You also have real-time, online access to status reports via our account management system.
We are a forward-thinking, privately held business that has experience working with many industries around the world. We work with firms in manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, B2B services, staffing, engineering, recycling and waste management, transportation, warehousing and more.
We will advance funds against:
- Accounts receivable – advance rates of up to 90% of eligible invoices including foreign A/R
- Machinery and equipment – advance rates of up to 85% of net orderly liquidation value
- Inventory – advance rates of up to 85% of net orderly liquidation value
- Real estate – advance rates of up to 75% of fair market value
Costs are dependent on the services you use and the amount of invoices we handle for you. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.
Our Asset Based Lending solution is a secure loan based on the value of the assets within your business. We’ll lend against accounts receivable, machinery and equipment, inventory and real estate.
Asset Based Lending solutions can help you:
- Finance growth
- Take advantage of supplier discounts
- Increase purchasing power with vendors
- Fund acquisitions
- Purchase new equipment and materials
- Prepare for seasonal demand
- Finance turnaround situations
- Make decisions with a consultative team of finance professionals
Your business might be experiencing fast growth or need more operating capital, whatever you need, ABL loans allow you to tap into your assets to generate the cash you need now. Call us to find out how we can help your business grow.
We have many clients across a diverse range of sectors benefiting from our Asset Based Funding solution. Asset Based Lending gives you the opportunity to leverage funding from your accounts receivable, machinery and equipment, inventory and real estate to gain the working capital you need.
We are committed to helping you grow your business. Our people really do go the extra mile to provide you with a funding solution that is right for your business needs. They work hard to get to know your business and your financial requirements. Our contract terms are flexible and tailored to your needs. We work quickly too, so that you can generate the cash you need, when you need it.
The time it takes to set up a facility with eCapital varies and is dependent on the complexity of your business. But generally, we can be up and running in a few days.
Here’s how it works – after our initial consultation with you where we get to grips with your business and its financial needs, we review your financial information and then send you a detailed funding proposal based on your needs.
After you sign your acceptance of the funding proposal, due diligence commences, and you receive the legal documents outlining the agreed terms and conditions. After this you receive the agreed funding.
Asset Based Loans are usually easier than qualifying for a bank loan or credit line as the facility is backed by your business’s receivables and assets. You just need to show a track record of profitability and strong financial controls.
You’ll find that ABL financing has fewer restrictions than loans and credit lines, which means less worrying about staying in compliance, so you can focus on running and developing the business.
The cost of funds is also typically lower with ABL compared to a traditional loan or line of credit from your bank.
We work with firms with annual revenues of $20 million – $150 million looking for funding lines of between $1 million – $10 million.
We work with firms in manufacturing, wholesale and distribution, B2B services, staffing, engineering, recycling and waste management, transportation and warehousing.
Call us to have a no-obligation confidential chat with our team. They can arrange an appointment, either over the phone or at your premises, with one of our specialists.
After our initial consultation to understand your business and its financial needs, we review your financial information and then send you a detailed funding proposal based on your needs.
After you read our offer and sign your acceptance of the funding proposal, it’s at this point due diligence commences and you receive the legal documents outlining the agreed terms and conditions. After this, you receive the agreed funding.
NOLV stands for Net Orderly Liquidation Value and it is the estimated value a business would receive if its assets were liquidated in an organized manner over a period of 6 – 9 months, after sales expenses are taken into account.
You should start with the value of the assets stated in your accounts.
You should then rework the NOLV figure for your main assets as you will need to consider economic realities such as:
- Property or other fixed assets which have changed in value
- Old assets or inventory which would have to be sold at a discount
- Bad debts to the business
- Machinery and equipment that has depreciated over time due to wear and tear
FMV stands for Fair Market Value and it is the reasonable selling price of assets on the market.
Asset Based Lending can be more cost-effective than a loan or a credit line; however, the interest rate is often not the only fee. To avoid surprises, ask the lender for a complete breakdown of the types of services and fees associated with your facility and how often they get revised. Typical fees include maintenance fee, audit fees and up-front closing fees.
There are many benefits to working with eCapital. You get:
- A dedicated client relationship resource
- Access to a local decision-maker
- 24/7 online account access to status reports via online account management system
- Help with financing acquisitions from credit management professionals who will help you evaluate potential opportunities.
- The funding grows with the business
eCapital Commercial Finance is a forward-looking, privately held business, with over 25 years of providing personal, responsive and flexible customer-centric solutions.
As well as Asset Based Lending solutions, we specialize in Invoice Factoring across many industry sectors.
We have experience working with business owners in various industries. We work fast to understand your business, so we can agree on options that work for both of us. We take the hassle of chasing payments away from you, so you can concentrate on growing your business. You don’t even need to provide security. Your invoices are our assets.
Freight factoring is a specialized form of invoice factoring designed for the transportation industry. It is a mainstream financial strategy that involves the selling of account receivable invoices at a discounted rate in exchange for immediate cash. Learn more about freight factoring.
It’s simple! First, sign up. Setup is fast and easy and you’ll get approved right away. Then, deliver a load. Upon delivery you submit any paperwork to show the work was completed (invoice, rate confirmation and signed bill of lading) via web upload to our client portal or through the mobile app. Then you receive up to 98% of your invoice immediately. The funds are transferred directly into your eCapital account.
If your customer does not pay due to unforeseen complications then you become responsible for the full repayment of the invoice amount. Alternatively, we will ask you to exchange the invoice for another of comparable value.
Our customer care team have specialized training to collect payment and protect your relationship with customers.
Companies experiencing high growth, financial difficulty or are starting up qualify for freight factoring. Other examples of companies who qualify include:
- Freight brokers
- Intermodal and container freight companies
- Long haul transportation carriers
We provide several resources to learn more about freight factoring:
- Learn more about Freight Factoring
- What is freight factoring?
- How does freight factoring work?
- Who qualifies for freight factoring?
- How much does freight factoring cost?
- Call: 800-705-1500 and ask to speak to one of our factoring consultants. We’re happy to answer your questions simply and completely with no obligation.
- Read our BLOG with regularly updated articles on factoring.
We make it easy for you to request funding or check the status of your factoring account by providing a combination of personalized service and online access.
- Knowledgeable Account Manager: You’ll be assigned an Account Manager who will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day funding requests and reporting.
- Secure Online Access to Activities and Reports: We provide you with an online account where you have access to in-depth reporting tools.
- No Originals Required: Submission of documentation to receive funding is easy and hassle free. When your company delivers freight, send us your invoice and signed bill of lading via fax or web upload. We have no requirement that you deliver original paperwork to our office. eCapital confirms the load and provides up to 100% of the value of the invoice.
Choosing recourse and non-recourse factoring depends on the relationship a trucking company has with its customers.
Recourse factoring places the responsibility on trucking companies to buy back invoices or exchange them for another of comparable value if the customer does not pay for the delivered load within 90 days. The benefit of this type of factoring is that it has lower fees associated with it.
Non-recourse factoring places the responsibility on the factoring company to absorb the financial loss if a trucking company’s customer does not pay for a delivered load; however, this only happens if the customer cannot pay due to bankruptcy. This circumstance is rare given a customer’s inability to pay is usually the result of a dispute or financial difficulty. In either case, the factoring company will try to secure payment of the delivered load. In addition, this type of factoring has higher fees associated with it due to the risk the factoring company faces.
Freight factoring is different than a commercial line of credit because:
- Qualification is based on your customer’s credit score: One of the main differences between freight factoring and applying for a business loan is how the financial institution determines your creditworthiness. When you apply for a business loan, your bank will base their decision on how creditworthy you and your business are. When qualifying for factoring, the decision is based on how creditworthy your customers are. That is especially helpful for a business that is already stretched its available credit, or to a newer business that has yet to build its credit history.
- What is considered acceptable collateral: For a business loan, you will often be asked by the bank to put up collateral such as a building, piece of equipment, or personal assets like your home. With freight factoring, the invoice sent to your client (ie: your accounts receivable) becomes your collateral, no other hard assets are required.
- How and when it is repaid: Most business financing requires regularly scheduled payments stretched over a specified period of time (for example: monthly). With freight factoring, you receive an advance up to 98% of the invoice amount within 24 hours of submitting your invoice to the factoring company. Our factoring fees are deducted from the advance making the cost of factoring simple, easy to manage and affordable.
Factoring Line of Credit provides a line of credit equaling a percentage of the combined book of account receivables. The line can be drawn on as needed and fees are applied to funds withdrawn along with a small administrative fee. This form of factoring is cost effective and beneficial to larger fleets.
Qualifying for our Factoring Line of Credit is based on the creditworthiness of your customers.
Commercial institutions investigate your financial history, credit rating, assets on hand, liabilities, and require you secure the line of credit against a personal or business asset to access.
After signing our agreement, first funding will take no more than 48 hours and invoices will process even faster going forward.
Funds will be transferred directly into your eCapital account immediately after approval of submitted invoice and signed bill of lading.
Upon completing our onboarding process your customers will be provided an email informing them of your company’s relationship to eCapital. This email will introduce your customers to eCapital and provide specific payment instructions. All future invoices to your customers will include a notice to remit payment to eCapital.
This email is known as Notice of Assignment – it is a legal document that must be sent to customers before we can fund you.
Understanding the credit score of your customers provides you certainty on their payment cycle. With this information, you can predict your business’s cash flow needs and make decisions with regard to:
- purchasing supplier, inventory and equipment
- avoiding late payment penalties
Find your customer’s credit score with our Free Credit Check Tool. This service is free for our clients.
We have developed a comprehensive package of specialized services for trucking companies:
Our fuel card for truckers provides discount pricing and extended credit on fuel at major truck stops in America. It is a secure and simple way for drivers to receive cash and pay for expenses such as fuel, repairs, scales, hotel rooms and other necessities.
Our Fuel Discount Program provides:
- Driver spending information
- Extensive security controls
- Ability to set product, volume, and dollar limits
- Ability to calculate fuel taxes based on transaction data
Cash flow is the incoming and outgoing capital during the course of operating. It can be received and paid in the form of checks, email money transfers, PayPal payments, credit card payments, etc. Once honored, these amounts become cash flow. It is different from revenues and expenses as they are reported on your income statement as they are incurred. They are not considered cash in the bank.
It is important to maintain positive cash flow to support operations and pay expenses – in the trucking industry it can take 30-90 days for customers to pay.
Freight factoring is designed specifically for trucking companies:
- Easy qualification process.
- Cash advance up to 98% of your combined Accounts Receivables.
- No predetermined funding amount. The more invoices you produce, the more funding becomes available.
- Only pay fees on funds drawn.
- Dedicated Account Manager to service your needs.
- Easy 24/7 access to your online account.
- Free credit checks.
- Back office support included.
A commercial line of credit is designed for the benefit of the bank:
- Highly restrictive qualification requirements.
- Predetermined funding amount.
- Must comply with bank covenants in order to continue funding.
- Banks audit your account continuously. Any financial metrics that disrupt their sense of comfort will result in the loan being terminated.
If you Factor a load from a particular customer, you must factor all the loads from that customer. You can choose which customers to factor, but not “which invoices to factor”.
Freight Factoring saves you money by providing the flexibility to:
- Avoid late penalties for overdue bills
- Avoid fees incurred when paying with credit card
- Avoid credit risks and make sound financial decisions
- Reduce costs associated with accounts receivable management
Trucking is a capital intense industry and growing fleet needs access to capital. Freight Factoring provides you the capital needed to:
- expand your workforce
- offer longer payment terms
- upgrade equipment
Factoring your invoices provides the opportunity to focus on other aspects of your business like staffing, finding loads and fleet management.
The benefit of freight factoring is that it allows you to get funds immediately after approval of submitted invoice and signed bill of lading. Trucking companies who do not use Freight Factoring are left on uncertain payment terms as shippers and freight brokers can pay between 30-90 days.
Freight Factoring provides trucking startup companies with immediate access to capital. With this, you avoid the 30 to 90 day payment period common in the trucking industry. If you do business with creditworthy customers then you qualify for freight factoring.
- Easier to obtain than a bank loan
- Get cash immediately after documentation approval
- Avoid using business or personal assets as collateral
- Avoid risk by checking customers credit rating
- Avoid chasing receivables
- Expert advice from trucking industry experts who know your business
- No monthly payment obligations
- No need to re-negotiate payment terms every time you need additionally funding
You can still qualify for freight factoring because factoring is based on the creditworthiness of your customers. It’s one of the reasons why freight factoring is more convenient than traditional financing from banks.
Start Freight Factoring by calling 866.251.9823 or clicking “Get a Quote” above. A factoring consultant will be in contact within hours of the submission.
Upon initial contact we will review:
- Current accounts receivable
- Historical data
- Credit application – business & personal
- Government-issued ID
- Articles of incorporation
- Voided check
- Authorities (CVOR/MC/DOT/WSIB)
From this information we will create a freight factoring program tailored to your business’s financial needs.